Apathy Rules ok? was Copy Paste update

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Mar 1 15:00:11 EST 2007

Actually, one of the best things about Rev, which I don't think you
can do with any other program I use, is modify it's code. That really
helps.

Upon further inspection, there are some special cases when even my
frontscript is not working. I'll update it when I get a moment to see
if I can improve it. Kevin has mentioned there's possibly an engine
modification which can also help.

One thing to keep in mind, there are few, very few, RAD tools which
use themselves to build their own IDE, and do it in a satisfactory
way. HyperCard never did, and SuperCard was only partially successful.
To my knowledge, RealBasic is having some problems implementing their
new 'selfmade' IDE as well. IOW, it's not an easy task.

On one hand, you have the robust yet ultra-simple and feature-sparse
MetaCard, a product even by it's own creator's admission was not up to
par with typical IDE's. Along came Revolution with the ambitions of
creating a much more feature-rich and up-to-date IDE. I expect they're
still trying their best to deliver on the promise.