help with replacetext

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 14:36:54 EDT 2007

I did my first answer without the "right before the suffix" part

\d  means digit
[^\d] means non-digit
[^\d\n\.] means non-digit, not linefeed and not period

Using replaceText makes the task a bit difficult but here is a solution that
works:
--need to setup a condition where digits not followed by a period can be
located, then purge them
--  "[\d]+q"  says locate runs of digits followed by a "q"

  put replaceText( tolower(tFiles5),"[^\d\n\.]","q") into tFiles6
  put replaceText( tFiles6,"[\d]+q", empty) into tFiles6
  replace "q" with empty in tFiles6
  replace "." with empty in tFiles6
  filter tFiles6 without empty

or (matchChunk /or/ matchText) repeat loop to grab the positive matches for
digit-followed-by-period strings

Jim Ault
Las Vegas