Option Buttons Shared Values

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Jun 29 17:57:41 EDT 2007

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:55:13 -0400, Gregory Lypny wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Just want to confirm that the selectedLine and label of an option
> button are always shared on all cards on which they appear.  Sadly, I
> wanted to have the same option button appear on every card as part of
> the background but allow users to select a different value on each
> card much like a field whose text is not shared.

Yes, you are correct. You can simulate it an option button in a
background group, and then set custom card properties and preOpenCard
handlers that restore the value that had been set for each card. It's
not too difficult, but it's not as easy as turning on "share text" in a
field... (BTW, if you want info on how to do this, just ask).

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/