Deleting files on Vista

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Fri Jun 29 13:07:01 EDT 2007

>Ken is right.  However I've had an issue with a user who changed
>their account name and then changed it back (heaven only knows why)
>and it completely messed things up.  Getting a novice user to debug
>when they do crazy things (which they probably don't mean to do) is
>not a great idea.
>
>Interesting problem I was reading about tonight where Vista fails to
>recognise signed app's.  Haven't got the details yet but basically
>it refused to run the application period - even though it popped the
>admin password request dialog. Doesn't do it under RC2 - just the
>release version. Seems there are a number of things we are yet to
>discover about this particular OS.
>
>Scott Kane

Like the user who couldn't find the Mac menubar because he was
expecting it in the same window as the app itself, as with Windoze
:-)  Yup, most users are not reliable to troubleshoot.

Regarding signed apps... you mean the Verisign type signature itself
to turn off that nasty warning window?  I feel sorry for the Vista
support techs.  At least they have guaranteed job security ;-)

Shari
--
Windows and Macintosh shareware games
BIackjack Gold