Deleting files on Vista

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Fri Jun 29 12:10:59 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Ray" <kray at sonsothunder.com>

>   C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program
> Files\<APPNAME>\

Ken is right.  However I've had an issue with a user who changed their
account name and then changed it back (heaven only knows why) and it
completely messed things up.  Getting a novice user to debug when they do
crazy things (which they probably don't mean to do) is not a great idea.

Interesting problem I was reading about tonight where Vista fails to
recognise signed app's.  Haven't got the details yet but basically it
refused to run the application period - even though it popped the admin
password request dialog. Doesn't do it under RC2 - just the release version.
Seems there are a number of things we are yet to discover about this
particular OS.

Scott Kane