Deleting files on Vista

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Fri Jun 29 10:43:53 EDT 2007

From: "Shari" <shari at gypsyware.com>

Hi Shari,

> He does have Vista.  So.... does Vista allow create and not delete?

AFAIK you should be able to delete.   However it may depend on where the
files actually are.

> And is it possible to delete from VirtualStore?

Not to my knowledge as there is no real way of knowing where Vista is going
to pop those files.  That's the problem with VS - IMHO.  In addition there
is every likelyhood that VS will not be in future editions of Windows and or
may change in the service packs for Vista.  It's best to avoid virtual store
like the plague.  It's unpredictable and can completely alter if your user
turns UAC on and off.

Scott Kane