Any Good Using QTVR in Rev Tutorials?

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 08:12:41 EDT 2007

On 28 Jun 2007, at 11:23, David Bovill wrote:

> Does anyone no any easy way to create panoramas from images you
> could make
> in Rev - I'm not thinking of photographs - but navigation type
> widgets -
> lets say a series of diagrams that you want to make a 3D "map" out
> of. So
> once you have created the images by whichever technique you need in
> Rev -
> how would you make a QTVR - is there a command line tool - I could
> not find
> much of help on the net?

On Windows I'd suggest looking at www.pano2qtvr.com, looks like you
may need the pro version at 30 Euro for command line operation, but
contact Thomas first to be sure, he's very approachable (and
currently rather sunburnt - <http://conference.ivrpa.org/gallery/vr/
4_photographers_3_needing_to_got>).

On a Mac you could probably do something with MakeCubic <http://
developer.apple.com/quicktime/quicktimeintro/tools/> using the 'open
with' command from Rev. Alternatively, the batch stitcher for PTGui
works from the command line (on Mac and Windows) and the current beta
version will export to a QTVR file. <http://www.ptgui.com/beta.html>

Ian