The Art of Dissolving Splash Screens

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Thu Jun 28 02:46:25 EDT 2007

From: "Tiemo Hollmann TB" <toolbook at kestner.de>

> Just for my interest, what is the advantage of using a separate splash
> stack instead of using a splash card or splash image/graphic in mainstack?
> There
> must be some, which I don't see.

If you are using stacks a a file format for data storage it's a handy way of
creating, loading etc of the data while the splash is showing.  It has other
uses in that you can put back and front scripts in there to inject into your
other stacks (particularly file based ones etc) making the external stacks
self healing.

Scott