Texas Flood

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Jun 27 19:32:20 EDT 2007

I had a classic come-uppance about ten years ago. I was in Los
Angeles during December, and there were some fairly heavy rains.
There were power-cuts, the roads were flooded, cars were sliding
around like snowboards -- chaos.
I and the other brits I was with were laughing at these silly
angelenos who couldn't cope with a spot of rain - (which is all it
was, by our standards).

I came home to London for xmas, and we had perhaps an inch of snow.
The trains didn't run. Cars were sliding down hills straight into the
backs of buses. People were stranded at work with no way home -
people were stuck at home with no way to get to work -- chaos. I had
to laugh some more....

Glad you're all ok,

Mark