revDeleteFolder and revCopyFolder with Vista

Riccardo Linzitto tekne at gruppoparentesi.it
Wed Jun 27 12:13:02 EDT 2007

> Hmm - revCopyFolder works for me on Vista HP; I made a simple stack
> with one button:
>
> on mouseUp
>   answer folder "Pick a folder:"
>   if it <> "" then
>     revCopyFolder it,(it & "Copy")
>   end if
> end mouseUp
>
> Clicked the button, selected a folder, and it worked - what are you
> experiencing?

The resulting error is due to the use of the folder Program Files in the
file path:

I am using a localized version of Vista in Italian language: I have this
system path c:\Programmi\...

If I use revCopyFolder "c:\Programmi\MyFolder", "c:\" it works
but
if I use revCopyFolder "c:\Programmi\MyFolder", " c:\Programmi\MyFolder\a"
it doens't work and the result is 4.

The following command is ok:
revCopyFolder "c:\Programmi\MyFolder", " c:\Program Files\MyFolder\a"

Obviously it is not the same with XP.

I would like to avoid the problems about the virtualstore location that you
have explained in your post, by using C:\ as the default folder where the
application is installed. Is it a good idea?
Thanks
Riccardo