drawer opening wrong side --stubborn

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Jun 23 12:31:23 EDT 2007

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 11:43:51 -0400, Pamela Crossley wrote:

> I'm using drawers for the first time (have decided to try to conform
> to Apple guidelines as a lark). I've tried to catch up on
> drawer-related issues in the thread but so far have not found anybody
> with my complaint.
>
> I put in the conventional line telling a substack to open from the
> parent on the RIGHT.
>
> ##my line
> drawer stack "DRAWER1" at right of this stack aligned to top
> ##end quote
>
> However, it opens on the left unless the parent stack is way over on
> the left of the screen. This suggests to me that there is some kind
> of perverse default behavior in the drawer command that I do not know
> how to edit.

My understanding is that if the drawer cannot extend fully to the side
you've identified (which would take it offscreen), that the OS-based
behavior is to open on the other side. The bottom line is that part of
a drawer cannot be offscreen. Now if you're saying that normally it
could open ON-screen to the right, but it's still going off to the
left, then that sounds like a bug to me. Keep in mind that for some
reason the OS provide a small margin around the outside edges (I think
it's something like 8 pixels) so if you go into the margin it's
considered "offscreen"...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com