drawer opening wrong side --stubborn

Pamela Crossley pkcrossley at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 23 11:43:51 EDT 2007

I'm using drawers for the first time (have decided to try to conform
to Apple guidelines as a lark). I've tried to catch up on drawer-
related issues in the thread but so far have not found anybody with
my complaint.

I put in the conventional line telling a substack to open from the
parent on the RIGHT.

##my line
drawer stack "DRAWER1" at right of this stack aligned to top
##end quote

However, it opens on the left unless the parent stack is way over on
the left of the screen. This suggests to me that there is some kind
of perverse default behavior in the drawer command that I do not know
how to edit.

I tried Eric Chatonet's good suggestion of creating a blank dummy
parent stack and substack to see if the behavior was in any
different. It is the same. The parent has to be virtually hugging the
left of the screen before the drawer will open on the right.

I tried an openStack script in the substack that would assure an
opening on the right. No effect. I tried a conditional statement that
if the left (the virtual left, not the visual left) of the parent was
above 20 then the drawer must open on the right. Also no effect.

Both the parent and the substack have default title configurations.
The parent stack is resizeable, the substack is not resizable (though
it makes no difference to make it resizeable). The width of the
substack is 100, though it doesn't matter if it is 5 --the behavior
is the same (the drawer rewrites the width to be what it likes).

I am using OX 10.4.10 and Revolution 2.8.1 build 471.

I haven't seen anybody else reporting this behavior. Should I take it
personally? Do "left" and "right" mean something special in drawer
commands?

Pamela Crossley