Detangling Rev versions

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Fri Jun 22 22:58:58 EDT 2007

>>Where some places call a build gm-2 and some call it 471, how do
>>you know which gm = which build number?
>
>Couple of places. On OS X, it's in the version in the Get Info box.
>Or you can query Rev's message box with "put the buildnumber".

I guess my question should have been worded differently... why do
they use three very different terms for the same thing?

gm-2 = 471

And then in Bugzilla, there is a third naming mechanism, DP1-2-3-4
and I don't know how to match my version to these choices, so to
report any bugs I can only choose 2.8.1 and can't define it further
for them.  Bugzilla doesn't seem to offer gm-2 or 471 as a defining
option.

Is there a decoder that would untangle this?

Shari
--
Windows and Macintosh shareware games
BIackjack Gold