reading CSV text file

Viktoras Didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Fri Jun 22 18:11:13 EDT 2007

In cases like this I usually open the csv with my OpenOffice and save it
with record delimiter set to tab and no text delimiter (e.g. ordinary tab
delimited file). Then I go to my Revolution studio :-). Otherwise it is a
real headache to process the "correct" csv files as some "clever" programs
also put quotes around text strings only and don't put quotes around numbers
 etc, etc...

You can also load that real csv into mysql and then get it out as tab
delimited. SQLite might also be of some help - just put it into the db and
get it back with select *.

Viktoras