Again - Player/Image Object "always buffer" Problems

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jun 22 13:43:22 EDT 2007

Dave wrote:

> On 22 Jun 2007, at 13:07, Phil Jimmieson wrote:
>>  If its important to you that it get fixed, or you get a workaround,
>> then you may need to invest in some proper support.
>
> The thing is, if I invested in "some proper support" (as apposed to
> im-proper support!) I'd have paid god knows how much by now!
>
> Af far as I can tell I'm doing everything that should be done and the
> IDE crashes out. Why should I have to pay extra to have a product that
> works reliably. If it gave an error message or some other indication of
> the problem that would at least be a little help, but to just crash on
> one statement really is the pits.

Just so the list knows, tech support is working with Dave without a
support contract. This is pretty much normal procedure for crashing
bugs. To actually go in and examine his code in detail though, he would
have to purchase a support incident.

As I mentioned in my support reply, the bug would be given top priority
and fixed quickly (all crashers are) if Dave can provide a sample that
shows the problem. So far, no one can reproduce it.

I was able to create snapshots from the sample stack he sent me
privately without setting the alwaysBuffer of the player to true, so one
work-around is to just not do that. Ken and I both provided revised
example scripts also that work for us. I'm not sure what else RR could
do until they can actually reproduce the problem.

All I can think of is that there is something different on Dave's setup,
and that maybe testing on a different OS X machine would give him
different results. It's something to try, anyway.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com