List field multipleHilites property

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Jun 21 11:47:07 EDT 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 04:49:22 -0400, Michael Binder wrote:

> I wrote:
>> Is this a bug? How can I make the list show only contiguous selections?
>
> Ken wrote:
>>> It is a bug,
>>> <snip>
>>> Here's a workaround in the meantime
>
> Ken,
> thanks so much for the workaround.  Did you write this on the
> fly, or is this a bug you already knew about?

I wrote it on the fly after I verified the bug you'd posted.

> I was in the process of trying something similar when I gave
> up and went to bed last night.  One thing I don't fully
> understand... why do you need to wait 10 milliseconds to
> send the command?  Also, has this bug been reported?  I
> didn't see it when I searched revzilla for 'list fields'.

The reason is that if you don't, what happens is that the hilitedlines
get set "properly", and then the mouse being released triggers Rev to
hilite the line you just clicked, and you don't end up with a
contiguous set. That is, if you had lines 1, 2, and 3 hilited and then
made the field lose focus and then shift-clicked on line 7, without the
10 millisecond wait time, you'd only end up with line 7 being hilited.
By sending it in 10ms, it allows rev to hilite the way it would normall
(i.e. the "bug" way, hiliting lines 1, 2, and 7), and then immediately
that gets replaced with the proper contiguous set with a minimum amount
of "flash".

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com