Best Practices in Rev development

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Jun 20 19:21:49 EDT 2007

Jacque-

> 5. And finally, what's wrong with being lazy? :) The smart programmer
> finds the easiest way to do things. That's what Rev is all about.

And for me laziness is most definitely part of the solution:

it's much easier for me to have the compiler tell me I've made a typo and
said "put 3.14159 into tPuckLocatoin" than to have to search through my code
and try to figure out why tPuckLocation doesn't have the value I think it
should. And it tells me at compile time instead of at run time, or worse,
when a client finds it at run time. Typing one line of code saves me a lot
of work down the line.

And I like saving me work.

--
 Mark Wieder