corrupted/nonstandard jpg crash

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 20 08:20:40 EDT 2007

On 20 Jun 2007, at 5:00 am, jacque at hyperactivesw.com wrote:

> There used to be a crashing bug (I thought it was fixed now though)
> where a corrupted or non-standard image could bring down the
> engine. That might be what's happening here. The solution is to
> delete the image and re-import, preferably in a different format or
> else created by a different program. Some Photoshop jpgs gave me
> trouble once, but the same ones saved in Graphic Converter worked
> okay. Or try swapping jpgs for gifs, or vice versa.

Akk!  Didn't know about this one.  I am just working on a stack which
will take any number of jpgs dropped in a folder by a user, then
organise them (into various categories) and then display them (in
various ways).  It is a dead cert that it will encounter corrupted/
nonstandard jpgs.  Just in case  this bug hasn't been squashed, is
there anything to watch out for?  Does the recipe necessarily include
importing?  I only propose referencing images (in 2.7.4)

Best Wishes,

David Glasgow
Carlton Glasgow Partnership

http://www.i-psych.co.uk