Looking for a common service friendly stack design

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Wed Jun 20 03:47:45 EDT 2007

From: "Tiemo Hollmann TB" <toolbook at kestner.de>

and you do it just with a go, without closing or destroying the first stack
file? Do you need the first one again, or what is the reason not to destroy
it?

Well.  If it's a splash stack then destroying it is going to quit the
application I should think.  Haven't tried it but that's what I'd expect to
happen.  Rev is incredibly effecient at handling memory - the existence of a
splash stack (depending on how crazy one goes with graphics) is barely a
blip on the radar as far as memory footprint goes.  This can't be said for
other programming languages - but then you tend to destroy the window
because it does cause a footprint and because most other language (like
Delphi for example) have a fake "master:" window drawn off-screen that is
technically the "application object".  So when you quit the application  you
are destroying the off-screen "master window" which in turn destroys any
other windows in the app' automatically - unless you've already destroyed
them by hand (which in the languages I refer to is common practice and seen
as a good thing).  This is a simplification but it's sufficient for the
example.

Scott