Debugging Hint?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jun 20 03:43:18 EDT 2007

I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for finding a script error when the
error dialog is (probably not) reporting the true cause of the error.

I have a card script handler that is called multiple times from a mouseMove
handler.  It looks something like this:

on unselectObjects
  if the uCurrObj of me = empty then exit unselectObjects
  ...more stuff here
end unselectObjects

Somewhere along the line, the IDE is throwing a script error on the second
line of the above handler, but I'm not sure why:

Type    Chunk: can't set property
Object    custom [name of the card]
Line    if the uCurrObj of me = empty then exit unselectObjects
Hint    unselectObjects

I am not setting any properties in the unselectObjects handler, thus I think
the script error is, well, an error.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi