Revolution Freezing or Quitting Unexpectedly

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Tue Jun 19 20:19:00 EDT 2007

>Hey, when you guys report things like this, it would be very helpful
>if we knew what you're using. Computer and OS and Rev version.
>
>Joe Wilkins

In my case this has occurred on two computers:

MacPro Macintel 10.4.7 running a standalone built with 2.8.1.  The
standalone was built as a Universal Binary.

Also on a Mac G-5 running 10.4.9 using the same standalone.

I did encounter unexpected quits during development as well, when it
was just a stack.  I had thought it was related to the screensaver
coming up when the computer was idle for a few minutes but never was
able to verify.  When I tried to intentionally make it quit, it did
not.  Then the quits stopped, so I thought somehow it had resolved
itself.  But now in standalone mode, they are back again.

It doesn't freeze for me, it just up and quits unexpectedly.  I do
have a crash log from the other fella on the G-5.

I don't know how to read the crash log as I don't speak C.  But one
thing that jumps out at me is the frequent reference to
com.gypsyking.BlackjackGold.  This is the name of the pList file,
which does not get created when you launch the standalone.  Even
though I have a custom pList file in the appropriate place in the
Contents folder, and I know my pList is solid, the engine does not
re-create it in the users main Preferences folder.  Previous
standalones have successfully created this file.  I do not know if
this missing file in some way causes the quits.

I tried to post this earlier, but it got caught in the moderator's
web and they never did post it or tell me they weren't going to.  So
I've deleted the crash log from the email and posted it here:

http://www.gypsyware.com/TrialPay/crashLog.txt

Shari
--
Windows and Macintosh shareware games