More Problem with Player Object in Library Stack

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Tue Jun 19 06:09:43 EDT 2007

Hi,

Further to this problem! I found that if I turn off "always buffer"
in the property inspector for the Player Object, IT DOES NOT CRASH!!!

So, why should it crash if the "always buffer" is set true? Also, by
setting it false, what implications does this have on movie playback
and my ability to capture a frame from the movie?

Later on in the code I am using the "snapshot" command to capture
frames. When I tried this before, I had to have the "always buffer"
property set to true.

I changed the code to read:

   set the alwaysBuffer of player "PlayerThumbnail" of card 1 of me
to false
   show me
   go stack the (short name of me)

   set the fileName of player "PlayerThumbnail" of card 1 of me to
theMovieFilePathName
   set the alwaysBuffer of player "PlayerThumbnail" of card 1 of me
to true

and now the crash occurs when I set "alwaysBuffer" to true!

All the Best
Dave