More Problem with Player Object in Library Stack

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Tue Jun 19 03:15:09 EDT 2007

Hi,

Further to the problems I was having with Opening a Library stack
from within a function inside the same library. I found that having a
player object inside the stack caused RunRev to Crash when the "go
stack" command is executed. The object I removed had a fileName set,
when I re-created the player it was empty of course. The "go stack"
command then worked ok. However, upon extending the function with the
code below, it seems the crash is back! As soon as the line:

   set the fileName of player "PlayerThumbnail" of me to
theMovieFilePathName

is executed, RunRev crashes with and unexpected quit.

Here is the code i added:

   breakpoint
   put the short name of this stack into myCallingStack
   show me
   go stack the (short name of me)
   set the fileName of player "PlayerThumbnail" of me to
theMovieFilePathName

The file is valid and plays find in another player object.

Any ideas on how to work around this?

Thanks a lot and All the Best
Dave