[ANN] andregarzia.com is now online.

Alex Shaw alex at harryscollar.com
Mon Jun 18 08:59:46 EDT 2007

Hi Andre

Basically I really like the way you have integrated all the current rev
cgi funtionality but it would be nice if the webserver could handle
large data/file transfers in both directions (ie large POSTs).

This can be done by saving all client sockets in list, update them a
little each time and then disconnect. That will allow multiple
connections with little delay when one connection requests a large file
or dataset. Probably easier to do this with files (via seek) than cgi
results. I've been meaning to dissect Dave's libUrl to see how he does
things but haven't had time.

At the moment I tend to shift the load off to a separate ftp or web
server (curl is another option) for large files. It is nice when it can
all be done within the one server app written in transcript (revolution)
both from a embedding and code management point of view.

In my experience more & more organisations tend to prefer web-based
traffic thru their networks than custom ports and protocols. Keep it
simple :)

Also maybe move the MIME types to a field so they can be more easilly
accessed and edited.

Look forward to the update & maybe a holiday over there one day ;)

regards
alex