Missing Examples in document dictionary

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sat Jun 16 13:56:12 EDT 2007

On 16 Jun 2007, at 17:56, Bob Earp wrote:

> I've just loaded Rev 2.8.1 build 470 to a new MacBook Pro running OSX
> 10.4.9 and the weirdest thing is that although I can access the
> Documents Dictionary, the are no Examples being displayed in the
> definitions.  The word Examples is shown but there is just blank space
> underneath it.  After the blank space there is additional text as you
> would expect, just the examples are not shown.

Hmm... I guess some dependency for the revXML stuff got borked on your
system. But I can't test that theory for you. The problem is, if I'm
right, then you need to ask RunRev for eventual dependencies.

Two ways to check:

1.
Take my documentation stack, and look if it works better. If not, the
source files, the rev documentation or the revXML library are most
likely defective:
http://bjoernke.com/stacks/bvg_docu.rev

Using my stack, you can also look at all the xml entries without using
the revXML library (they get saved as files to the hard disk). If you
see in the files, that the "example" XML field did not get damaged, you
can try to see if my stack shows the examples properly (it should by
default). If it does not then its certainly the revXML library.

2.
You could try to look at the files:
take one of the stacks (they're called revDOcClump_XX.Rev) from this
directory:
Applications/Revolution
Enterprise/2.8.1-gm-1/Documentation/packaged_xml/dictionary/

Open it, and look at the custom properties (best to copy it into a text
editor). If the "example" fields of the xml data are filled, then it's
a problem of Rev or the revXML library.

--

official ChatRev page:
http://chatrev.bjoernke.com