Impressed: it has been years since I've been hacked this well :(

-= JB =- sundown at nwrain.net
Fri Jun 15 08:40:28 EDT 2007

On Jun 15, 2007, at 5:11 AM, David Bovill wrote:

> Hmmm.... pity guns aren't allowed over here.

One night about 11:30 PM I was in my living room
working on the computer.  It was a about five years
ago and it was a hot summer night.  I had windows
open because it was hot but my windows all have
screens.  I got up and went down the hall to go to
the bathroom.  I looked in the spare bedroom and
some guy was in there.  We got into a fight and he
took off.  He took a lawn chair from my back yard
and used it to stand on so he could remove my
screen and climb in the window.  My lights were
on with music etc. so it was obvious I was home
and he still came into my house knowing that I
was home and awake.  I always have a loaded
.38 within a few feet of me now if I am sleeping
or awake.

The metal bracket thing for the door has a rod
that is around 1/4" thick.  I have a few on each
door.  This makes it impossible to force open
without breaking the door down and only cost
around $6 each.  A cheap peace of mind.  As
far as the gun goes you have to be awake to
use it.  So you need seal your home up in a
way that they have to wake you up to get in.

-=>JB<=-