Impressed: it has been years since I've been hacked this well :(

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Fri Jun 15 06:58:39 EDT 2007

From: "David Bovill" <david at openpartnership.net>

> Absolutely. A couple of years ago I did an arts residency, based on a
> group of so called "hackers" in Vienna. The project was based on a
> complete
> download of the NSA's email archive on Biometric Security - "Datamining
> the SA" will still bring up a few hits :) This list will be pleased to
> know
> that I used Revolution extensively in this project - as a front end to
> WEKA and for visualisation of the datamining.

LOL.  I'll look that up after I knock off.

> Hey - are you calling me Joe Sixpack? I tell you what - I am going to get
> my hacker mate onto you...

No offence meant.  But serioulsy - they have no way (generally) I've telling
who is who and most of these "hacker" meat heads think they are part of the
master race anyway.

> Thinking of putting the Nix based firewall back up Iits on an old PC) -
> but I would have thought  the one in the NetGear router would be fine.

Until an exploit for the router is posted.

> Didn't know about them - will check them out - but I guess it needs a bank
> to offer the backend?

Yes.  I bought mine from my bank.  Cost around $16.  I can't even do a
transfer of funds to somebody else without generating and entering another
code.  Very nice indeed.

> I'm going to have to wait until I get a clean machine / CD and then scan
> evrything for malware - then Ill get up an extra nix firewall - and get
> some advice on how to set it up from a professional - well hacker that i
> trust. Lesson 3: real hackers are your friends.

Best Anti-Virus on the Windows platform is still called F-Disk (the DOS
tool, not F-Secure the anti-virus program).  I believe the Mac calls it
"wiping" or "erasing" a disk.  ;-)

Scott Kane