Image Tile Cutter

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Thu Jun 14 13:33:51 EDT 2007

Another follow-up concerning the Image Tile Cutter:

>On Wed Jun ,2007, David Bovill david at openpartnership.net wrote:
>
>>> Thanks Wilhelm always a pleasure to read your German scripts  Its a
>>> great
>>> puzzle but I don't think there are scripts to create tiles from an
>>> image - I
>>> guess you made them by hand?
>

>The script is that of hidden button "Aufteilen des Grundbildes" on each
>puzzle card. The stack at that time was not intended for international
>inspection, but I think you can nevertheless find out how it works.

Actually, the surface of my PicturePuzzle stack was English, as it was intended for my friends in Miami, but under the hood there are a lot of non-English words (as they are still to be found in parts of the world).

I have put an all-English script together that is totally based on imagedata (the Puzzle stack uses "import snapshot")

<http://www.sanke.org/Software/Create16Tiles.mc>

The stack contains one image and one button that creates 16 tiles from the image (named "P1" to "P16") and places the tiles exactly on top of the original image. You will not see the 16 tiles unless you click on them.

You could change the script to produce a different number of tiles with little effort

Best,

Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>