Where do I put my universal Externals and Plugins?

Derek Bump list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Wed Jun 13 22:32:26 EDT 2007

Ken Ray wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:03:02 -0400, william humphrey wrote:
>
>> Why is there an extra copy of the plugins folder in the Revolution
>> application folder? It is so much better to have everything in the new
>> "My Revolution Studio" folder as that way when you upgrade it is all
>> still there.
>
> Don't know - maybe it's for the IDE?

I'm a little confused here.  Is the "My Revolution Studio" folder
something that only exists for the Windows version of Revolution?

I did create the folder in my documents folder, which I still feel
should at least be an option in the installer (since it doesn't
automatically create the folder anyways).  And it does work, at least I
think it does... I'll see in the morning.

The concept itself is very good, but still needs a little fine tuning.
The better way to go would be to have a "My Revolution" folder, just in
case the developer has Studio and a beta installed, or in case they
upgrade to Enterprise and all of a suddon nothing works (which is always
a bad idea no matter how simple the fix).

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software

Compress photos easily with JPEGCompress
www.dreamscapesoftware.com