min() function anomalies

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jun 13 19:07:19 EDT 2007

Recently, Shari wrote:

> Am I the only one who has variables with commas that constantly change?

Speaking for myself, I think it's a better coding practice to avoid trailing
anything in a variable, because I wouldn't know whether the empty last item
was intentional or not.  To take your script for an example, I simply add a
line after the repeat whenever I build a list:

 repeat x
   put someNumber or someOtherThing & comma after myVariable
 end repeat
 delete last char of myVariable

I do this for any list: words, lines, etc. For me, having a delimiter at the
end of a list would be problematic.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director