Image Tile Cutter

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jun 13 17:01:46 EDT 2007

Recently, David Bovill wrote:

> Has anyone made an image tile cutter - ie a program that chops a big
> image into several regular tiles? If not how would you go about such a
> thing - I guess it would be using the image data if you were to do it
> properly?

I just remembered an old stack I did a while ago that takes an image and
creates tiles out of it using a cropping method, as opposed to a
screencapture or imageData method.  It was intended to test out an idea for
a transition effect of displaying an image made up out of tiles, but perhaps
it's one way to get you started.

In your message box:

  go url "http://www.tactilemedia.com/download/tilizer.rev"

Click the big button at the top; the other two are for the effect.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design