min() function anomalies

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Wed Jun 13 16:23:24 EDT 2007

>But Shari, the last comma provides zero as the last item. Not very
>useful and potentially hazardous, I agree.
>
>Joe  Wilkins

What bothers me is that almost any repeat loop that builds a variable
will have a trailing comma, so I would expect the engine to ignore
it, as was done in the past.  (Key point - that in the past this was
handled differently.)

global myVariable
repeat x
   put someNumber or someOtherThing & comma after myVariable
end repeat

I use this type of handler frequently.  Whether it be numbers or
words doesn't matter.  Yes, it can be worked around, by deleting the
trailing comma at some point.

If you have a number of handlers that add to the variable at
different times, this gets more ticky.

What bothers me more is that somewhere along the way, it was *
changed *.  This is a very fundamental change.  I do not know if the
change occurred before the MC/Rev merger or after.  But either way, I
wouldn't have expected it.

Shari
--
Windows and Macintosh shareware games