abort scripts

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 11:16:35 EDT 2007

On 6/13/07 8:02 AM, "runrev260805 at m-r-d.de" <runrev260805 at m-r-d.de> wrote:
> i have some questions again.
>
> How can i stop the execution of a script. e.g. I want to stop executing a
> script, which is already started by mouseup event.
how do you mean?  Manually, or programatically?

I  use (during debugging/design)
if the optionkey is down then breakpoint  --then click abort
or
if the optionkey is down then exit to top  --then click abort

in your case, one technique that could work is

send "closeme" to this stack in 1 second
exit to top  --ends all handlers

> Another thing is: I have a very large mouseup script, I want to destroy the
> stack, when a special condition takes place. But the script continues. I have
> set "the destroystack property to true".
> Found out, that this behaviour is normal, because the "close" statement is in
> the same event handler. But how can i solve this. Do i have to send a message
> to another obejct, which contains the "close" statement?
You need to tell us what you think 'destroystack' means to you.  It probably
means something different to Rev.  (be specific, if possible)

> I need to delete files in a folder. The names of the files vary. I thought i
> could use wildcards to delete, but that doesn´t work. Do i have to read the
> content of the folder, put this in a container/var and then delete within a
> repeat loop? Or how can i do this?

set the defaultfolder to theFolderIwant
put the files into fileList
filter fileList with "*temp*.*"