using time of day (was newbie videoplayer questions)

d nieuwsgroeps at orange.nl
Wed Jun 13 07:36:47 EDT 2007

ok, I'' try again, see if it gets to the list.
  time is running out for me since I have an exhibition on saturday
where I wanted to use this.

I have been playing around with the time script I got from klaus and
others
First I tried it with cards and one stack instead of several substacks
I put the time script on every card because it has to check what the
time on opening each card.
and it works great until the time crosses the 12:00, 18:00, 00:00 line
( the time of change-over to the morning, afternoon or evening
part) ; then it starts to flip through all the cards and I can't stop
it without quitting.
when using substacks it works because the stack closes before
anything bad can happen but I do notice a quick flip-through-the
cards at the same moments in time as with the cards version.
here's the script I am using. any ideas?

best regards
eddie d

   set the backgroundColor of this card to "black"
on opencard  --sthecorrectstackaccordingtothecurrentdaytime

    set the twelvehourtime to false
    put the time into tTime
     set the itemdelimiter to ":"
     put item 1 of tTime into tHour