Printing an Image

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Jun 12 21:07:22 EDT 2007

On Jun 12, 2007, at 6:11 PM, -= JB =- wrote:

> Thanks, that is a nice overview.  I have a few questions.
>
> 1.  You mentioned print card into pageRectangle.
> I haven't tried and you didn't say but do
> you know if you can use revPrintField into
> a pageRectangle.

Not to my knowledge.

> 2. In my previous question I noted that the
> Rev Manuel mentioned the Print...from form
> of the print command.  Do you have any info
> about the Print...from form of print command.

Only what I learned from the Rev dictionary:

print card from topLeft to rightBottom, where

<quote>
The topLeft and rightBottom are points specifying the portion of the
card to be printed. Each point consists of two integers separated by
a comma:
	* the horizontal distance in pixels from the left edge of the card
window to the point
	* the vertical distance from the top edge to the point
If you don't specify a topLeft and rightBottom, the entire visible
portion of the card is printed.
</quote>

I don't claim to be an expert in all the subtleties of the print
command; I simply went through the docs carefully and distilled them
into a single document with examples for my students.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University