Ken Burns (was Re: Ripple)

Jeff Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Tue Jun 12 14:25:34 EDT 2007

David,

If you want something nice and very fast, try a ken burns slide show
just use iphoto and dump it out as a quicktime movie. The joke with
my video producer is how amazingly well iphoto does just guessing on
pan and scans. its a bit creepy, kind of like those segues that
itunes does on shuffle all the time. it takes a bit of time to do the
pan and scans in final cut (we do them for exhibits) and i photo does
them with three or four mouse clicks! We often give iphoto a shot
first as its sometimes good enough if we are in a real hurry and
doing the job as an extra. we get raves from the clients and have to
embarrassingly admit it was not our genius... My video producer comes
fro amazed m a large format still background so is very picky about
how stills are used and i was when i first talked to her about what
iphoto does and she sheepishly admitted that she had done a couple of
slide shows for family that she didn't have the time to do herself
and was amazed at the quality she got out.

I use it all the time at our japanese model train display and it
always seems to get the direction the train is moving and do the pan
in that direction and not perpendicular to it. and it usually zooms
in and and out on the front of the train...

cheers,

Jeffrey Reynolds

On Jun 12, 2007, at 11:34 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com