Ken Burns (was Re: Ripple)

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Jun 12 13:44:09 EDT 2007

On Jun 12, 2007, at 8:25 AM, David Bovill wrote:

> OK - so my question is can Trevors existing external apply Core
> Image Units
> to QuickTime files so that QuickTime can take advantage of them
> using Core
> video?

It cannot. It only adds the built-in QT effects mentioned in the docs.

> If not how hard would it be to add, because then we could take
> advantage of the hardware accelerated effect on still images via
> the Player
> object?

I'm not aware of any APIs in QuickTime that work with Core Image. The
stuff you export from Quartz Composer uses Core Image I believe and
that plays back in QT but I think that is a special track as opposed
to individual filters in QT.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems