Ripple

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Tue Jun 12 12:25:46 EDT 2007

Brent Anderson wrote:
> Hello.
>
> For perhaps an even better effect, you could have a slight gradient on
> the rings themselves. By Doing so, the rings would achieve a slight
> amount of depth making them even more realistic.

One simple thing you can do in the code to move the effect toward this is:

on resetRing
   set height of pRing to 30 -- existing line of code
   set lineSize of pRing to 8 -- my inserted line
end resetRing

on ripple
   set rect of pRing to tRect -- existing line of code
   put lineSize of pRing into x -- my inserted line
   set lineSize of pRing to x+1 -- my inserted line
end ripple

I really should be working... but it's Scott's fault. His visual things are way
too seductive.  :o)

Phil Davis