Ken Burns (was Re: Ripple)

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Tue Jun 12 09:38:16 EDT 2007

Hi Ian can you clarify - I've not read too deep on this:

On 12/06/07, Ian Wood <revlist at azurevision.co.uk> wrote:

> Core Image Fun House lets you use *Core Image* filters - nothing to
> do with QuickTime, and strictly OS X 10.4 and above.
>
> Core Image transitions are already available in Rev (again, strictly
> OS X 10.4 and above), but I agree *strongly* about making CI filters
> available natively in Rev for image processing.

Yes then we could all make apps like this:
http://www.stone.com/iMaginator/Quick_Start.html

That is are not Core Image "filters" and  "transitions" both available to
QuickTime. From Trevors EQT documentation:

command qtAddFilter MovieControllerID, EffectType, StartTime, EndTime
 Adds a filter to the specified time of a movie.
EffectType: Type to add (blur, sharpen, edgedetect, emboss, convolve,
alphagain, rgbcolorbalance, hslcolorbalance, colorsync, filmnoise, solarize,
colortint, lensflare)

>From playing with Quartz Composer my impression has been the "Image Units"
used in Core Image can be used in QuickTime - OK so only on tiger and above
on OSX - but still...

Some References

And this from : http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/coreimage/

And Core Video allows developers to apply all the benefits of Core Image to
video — blazingly-fast performance of filters and effects, per-pixel
accuracy and hardware scalability.
Tiger includes the following Image Units:

 Blur

   - Median Blur
   - Gaussian Blur
   - Motion Blur