Scripter's Scrapbook as a front-end repository

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Sun Jun 10 14:52:51 EDT 2007

(Was in Re: Imagine a world in which HyperCard had been open sourced 20
years ago?)

David, Ken, Chipp, Jacque et al,

As a mature  product, the Scripter's Scrapbook is certainly an option for a
front-end  repository given its flexibility to store hard-wired content (in the
form of  Entries with or without embedded files), or hyperlinks to local,
networked or  on-line resources, or indeed any combination. And, as Ken points
out, there is  already an online 'private' code repository for ssBk users. I
would *love* to  link ssBk to an 'open' code repository. There are a couple of
ways which  immediately come to mind, and I'm always happy to discuss options
and implement  requests if they are do-able.

David:
You were going to look into using the existing ssBk API to see if that
already gives you the keys you need. Did you get anywhere? Perhaps contact me
off-list?

/H
FLCo
Home of The Scripter's Scrapbook