W(h)ither Rev??? - (was sundry recent rants, with ever-increasing parentheses and unending tree branches)

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 09:01:10 EDT 2007

Mike Harland wrote:

"Rev continues to contemplate its own navel with all
its talk of
'pros' on this list, while consistently looking down
its nose at the
so-called hobbyist, newby or daft-headed academic"

extremely well-put. And, bye-the-bye, your posting
title expresses the situation to a tee.

To this I can only add my own case:

a chap who has a poxy little private language school
who programs content delivery for a total audience of
24.

Um; Mike; "the latest Mathewson v. Kane mini-rant" is
a wee bit off-track: I don't have a problem with Scott
Kane, nor his opinion - I happen to disagree with it;
however I am not a bigot.

It has been constantly pointed out on this list that
Runtime Revolution suffer from a bad case of
paternalism; however, I think that there are enough
'adolescent' boys and girls amongst the posters to
this list to balance that :) Of course heavy-handed
fathers rarely wake up until their rebellious children
run away - and that could well happen.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.