Imagine a world in which HyperCard had been open sourced 20 years ago?

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Sun Jun 10 00:18:53 EDT 2007

From: "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>

> I would love to see this happen. Preferably, the site would be at a
> common, public repository (SourceForge, maybe?) so that even non-Rev
> people would perhaps stumble across it. This would not only give us a
> single place to find everything, but possibly increase Revolution's
> exposure to the general public, which would be a very good thing.

Agreed.  Though I suspect SourceForge is so vast as to make it difficult for
a newbie to locate Rev stuff.

> Even though I read the list religiously and have lots of bookmarks to
> various Rev sites, it is still hard to remember whose site has what and
> even whether anyone has written a library or plugin for what I need.
> RevOnline doesn't offer a good search mechanism, so I'm not sure what is
> there unless I browse through hundreds of entries.

Same here.

> I hope someone will set this up and encourage everyone who has offerings
> to upload.

Clearly, from comments on this list, this idea has been toyed with.  I have
both the server space and a domain name that can do it, but I won't move
forward until I either ascertain nobody is going to do it or that efforts to
do it don't go anywhere.  Then again - I might decide just to go ahead with
it.  If the community indicates I should go ahead then I'll just do it
anyway.  :-)

Scott Kane