Imagine a world in which HyperCard had been open sourced 20 years ago?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Jun 9 13:42:50 EDT 2007

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 01:17:41 +1000, Scott Kane wrote:

> To: <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>> Aren't there quite a number of open-source repositries around? What
>> about Hugh Senior's "Scripter's Scrapbook" and the many sample
>> stacks available from the sites  of Rev and Metacard users or on
>> RevOnLine?
>
> Perhaps.  Perhaps not.  Guess it depends on one's perspective.  I
> find RevOnline handy - but not always clear.  I find the Rev sites
> like Chipps, Richards, Scott R's and Sarah's (etc and apologies for
> those I've left out) very cool and very helpful and better organized
> (clearer).  A large repository detailing various code snippets and
> stacks would be very happy - especially to newer users initially -
> and in time helpful to others. Finding all the cool sites with code
> is no mean feat when starting out. While this is one of the best
> programming lists I know of it'd still be nice to go to a nice,
> organized site where everything is at your fingertips and easy to
> find (and explore).  As I said this is a matter of perspective and
> not perhaps of value to all.

Well, there is an online code repository accessible through the
Scripters Scrapbook with 69 entries in it at the moment, and my
intention was to mirror those entries on the web, but I haven't had the
time. Having it in the Scrapbook though is more useful as it uses a
consistent format, is categorized by language, author, etc.

Just my 2 cents,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com