[ANN] Automated Check for Updates (was: Re: Open Source (was Don't you just wish Rev would do this?))

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sat Jun 9 05:27:15 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Le 9 juin 07 à 08:56, Chipp Walters a écrit :

> "I vote against this...(Can I add negative votes?). This
> functionality can
> easily be had via a plugin someone can write in 10 minutes. I think
> you'll
> create more problems (firewall issues, proxy servers, socket
> timeouts, etc..)
> than the lone problem of a single disgruntled poster."

I took you at your word, Chipp :-)
I have to confess that I needed twenty minutes, i.e. twice more than
you allowed ;-)

This invisible tiny plugin is on RevOnline now:
User: So Smart Software
Title: Auto Check for Updates
Just drop this invisible plugin into your plugin folder to force
check for updates every time you launch Revolution Media, Studio or
Enterprise.
IMPORTANT: when downloading from RevOnline, lock the "Messages"
padlock first in Rev toolbar to prevent the stack from auto-closing
and save it :-)

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.