Open Source (was Don't you just wish Rev would do this?)

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Jun 9 02:50:00 EDT 2007

On 6/8/07, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> But even without a formal open source process, Kevin has said that if
> someone makes a patcher for the IDE which applies any such changes, they
>   could easily run it to evaluate them and would consider including them.

Yep. Sarah and I can attest to that. Imagine my surprise when digging
through some IDE code to find the comment "Patched by Chipp Walters" and
"Patched by Sarah Reichelt" !!

If you write a patcher for the IDE, send it along to Rev. Also, it's always
wise to be able to UNINSTALL the patch as well.

If at all possible, consider writing a plugin instead of a patch. I wrote
the altCopyPasteFix plugin for  Rev 2.8 which was then not needed for 2.8.1,
so I only had to remove it from my toolbar.