Imagine a world in which HyperCard had been open sourced 20 years ago?

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Fri Jun 8 23:18:46 EDT 2007

> Authors total:  4179
> Products total:  8703
> Files total:  10330

I hit send to quickly.  I meant to add - imagine that on a per-capita scale
for Rev.  I can, frankly.  I'd like to see it happen.  Free source snippets,
commercial (for sale) source snippets, libraries etc et al.  Would Rev users
pay?  If they are anything like other coders (i.e. "human") then yes, I
believe so.  Saving ten minutes everytime you need to code something obscure
adds up.  I recently bought two wonderful products from a Rev based company.
Both tools can integrate into Rev and both tools are simply stunning.  They
have saved me hours of work already and they were priced reasonably.  I
don't want the source code as I'm happy for them to work their magic.   Two
thumbs up for commercial solutions and not some half baked, half whacked,
half completed and half bug tested open source "solution" that the author
may or may not get back to finishing one of these days... maybe...if I feel
like it, which phase is the moon in, who won the world series, heck I'm no
longer interested and the project withers and dies.

Scott Kane

P.S.

The products where Button Gadget and Interface Designer from Altuit.