Open Source (was Don't you just wish Rev would do this?)

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Fri Jun 8 03:07:19 EDT 2007

From: "Bob Warren" <bobwarren at howsoft.com>

> Obviously, for a 9-month feature development cycle, there would need to be
> a strictly-defined "cutoff" point so that adequate public beta testing
> could begin (say at 6 months?).

I have to agree with you here that a longer version cycle with bug fixes
released at shorter intervals would be to my mind preferable.  However I
suspect there may be some important (to RR) financial reasons for following
the cycle they currently use.  That in itself may well make their current
method desirable to us though we may not realize it....

Scott