Open Source (was Don't you just wish Rev would do this?)

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Thu Jun 7 15:36:05 EDT 2007

First of all, Bob,

We appreciate your efforts, but what you suggest just won't ever
happen. Even if we expand the word "single" to be "several hundred",
the number of builds necessitated by that approach would be enormous,
and we'd all be driven absolutely out of our minds. Right now, it's
bad enough. I do agree that we should pay for features and not bug
fixes, but sometimes the difference between the two is pretty vague;
and, hopefully, that's what we ARE doing. But it is just more
convenient for all of us to get a single new package, rather than a
number of different ones of whose status we have to keep track.

My feeling is: "Keep dreaming!"

Joe Wilkins