wait for a process in OS X

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 15:11:10 EDT 2007

This is probably a stupid question. And I swear I've done this in the
past, but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it.

I need to launch an application from within a script, but I need my
script to wait for the application to close before continuing. I've
tried launch, open process, and even the shell() function, but in
each case the script just continues running. How can I do this? Is my
only option to launch it, then wait in a loop and continually check
the running processes using shell()? If so, I suppose that's fine.
Just kind of a hassle.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris