Legacy stack woes II

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jun 7 14:39:31 EDT 2007

Rob Cozens wrote:

> In Legacy format versions of RunRev, "Build Distribution" saves the
> settings in "[stack name] Config.rev",  NOT in the source stack itself.
> So "Build Distribution" in Legacy format versions expects to find the
> distribution settings in a separate "Config" stack and the post-Legacy
> format versions expect to find it in the source stack itself...no?

Sort of, but not quite. The stack file format doesn't matter; the way
the settings are stored is related to the distribution and the way its
standalone builder works. In Rev 2.7, the SB was rewritten to store
standalone settings as custom properties. I routinely save stacks in
legacy format and they still retain their custom property standalone
settings. If users will be running stacks in Rev 2.6.1 then you need to
provide the right support files.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com